12 January 2012
For many of us, that might include changes in habits or lifestyles. Whatever your personal resolution for 2012, I would like to bring you
the very latest information on the changes we have resolved to make at the BIFM over the coming year.
During the last quarter of 2011, the board finalised its strategy for 2012, recognising that the economy is unlikely to improve and will probably deteriorate. The institute recognises that this same pressure affects all of our members, individual and corporate, and therefore we have to be more ‘fleet-of-foot’ delivering our commitments to you.
During the past few months, we have delivered new benefits and services including FM Benchmarking, a careers advisory service, an online e-learning portal and roundtable events, to mention just a few. However, we are not resting on our laurels. We have much more to deliver, including a brand new website with better navigation, event booking, knowledge portal and automation.
Over the past few weeks, we have looked at how we operate and have implemented
some new ways of working:
- We will make quicker decisions and implement them faster. Our management team is already committed to this.
– We will be more open as an institute. We will keep our stakeholders informed and develop new communication platforms
– We will listen more and be open to change, especially when our members are telling us we need to.
Not risk averse
– We will take measured risk in order to deliver
our promises, rather than fail to
deliver because we wait for the
Enjoy the challenge
– The year 2012 will be very challenging, but we enter into it motivated and aware of what we have to achieve. Rather than
be afraid of the challenge, we
embrace it and look forward to celebrating success.
I am proud to work with a dynamic team at the institute’s offices in Bishop’s Stortford. Added to that, there are over 260 volunteers across the UK. With the tough challenges ahead, we have resolved to change and adapt and are all dedicated to delivering our commitments. On behalf of us all at the BIFM, the board, staff and volunteers alike, may I take this opportunity to wish you a very prosperous 2012.